For those areas of your house which tend to attract moisture and get damp quickly, try using an anti-mould paint. It is a great way to keep your family safe from mould.
However, it can be difficult to find a brand of paint that protects your home from mould. Mould in the home can lead to serious health hazards. Many people have mould in their home and are unaware of it. Using anti-mould paint is a way of protecting yourself against this silent but deadly enemy.
To help you decide on the best anti-mould paint for your space, we have compiled a list of the best anti-mould paints on the market for fighting mould.
Our Top Picks for Best Anti Mould Paint
What are the Best Anti Mould Paint’s
Top ten list of the best Anti Mould Paints.
Anti Mould Paint In More Detail
Rust-Oleum 02761 Perma-White Mold & Mildew Proof Interior Pa
- This item is a Rust-Oleum 02761 Perma-White Mold & Mildew Proof Interior Paint, Semi Gloss Finish
- Purpose of use for Painting Supplies, house-paint. FOR BEST RESULTS : If applied near shower, wait 24 hours before using shower. Do not scrub for 7 days
- This product is manufactured in United States
- Washable, scrub able, stain & moisture resistant finish
- Self-priming - sticks to surface without sanding
- Fade Resistant
- Water-base, low odor
- Tin table to off-white, pastel and medium colors
Paint-Guard Mold Prevention Paint Additive - Mix Into Paint
- Protects painted surfaces from mold and mildew - easily mixed into water based paints and coatings without impacting color or texture of paint
- Non-toxic mold protection - classified as minimum risk pesticide by Environmental Protection Agency
- Excellent for use in flood remediation or damp environments to decrease the risk of flood induced indoor fungi
- Increase Lifespan of Paint - proven to reduce growth of mold on walls and mold on ceilings
- Neutralizes odor-causing without the use of ammonia
Kilz L204611 Mold And Mildew Interior And Exterior Primer, 1
- Size : 1 Gallon
- Color : White
- Dry to touch : 30 mins
- Sheen : Flat/Matte
- Mold & mildew resistant primer film for moisture-prone spaces
RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover Spray - Scrub F
- GET RID OF STUBBORN MOLD AND MILDEW STAINS: Our instant spray cleaner removes the stains left behind from black mold and mildew. They tend to leave behind ugly staining that can go deep below the surface
- REMOVE UNWANTED ODORS: Keep your home free of musty, damp smells that are usually left behind by other sprays; Our spray is great to use in the kitchen, toilet area, drywall and on vinyl shower curtains
- FAST-ACTING SPRAY: Our fast-acting mold stain remover spray, instantly targets deeply embedded stains that linger between bathroom tiles, in grout lines, under the sink, and on shower doors
- NO SCRUBBING NEEDED: Simply spray our ready-to-use formula on the affected area and watch the stains disappear right before your eyes!
- SAFE TO USE ON MULTIPLE SURFACES: Easily remove stains from bathtubs, decks, wood, vinyl siding, drywall, concrete floors, brick walls, kitchen and bathroom tiles and other areas where mold and mildew tend to grow
Best Anti-Mould Paint Top Picks
|Link||Rust-Oleum 02761 Perma-White Mold & Mildew Proof Interior Pa*||Paint-Guard Mold Prevention Paint Additive - Mix Into Paint *||Kilz L204611 Mold And Mildew Interior And Exterior Primer, 1*||RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover Spray - Scrub F*|
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
|Get Latest Price*||Get Latest Price*||Get Latest Price*||Get Latest Price*|
Why should I invest in anti-mould paint?
If you find yourself apprehensive about wanting to invest in anti-mold paint this is where we may convince you why it is so important that you do. Mould can be a serious health hazard if it gets out of hand and it is more common in damp spaces than you might think.
The areas of your home that tend to get the most mold are where you should consider using this type of product. Your bathroom ceiling and walls are the most susceptible to black mold because this room tends to gather the most condensation and has the least circulation.
You do not need to use this product on the entirety of your home, just the damp areas which would benefit from it the most.
Does anti mould paint actually work?
Anti-mold paints can be one of the best ways to protect your home from mold. However, you must take the time to find the best anti-mold product paint for your needs.
This all depends on the area of your home that is the most susceptible to mold. All of the anti-mold products listed above are quality mold-resistant paint solutions. Choosing a product from this list that best meets your needs is a great way to keep your home mold-free.
All the paints included in our list are backed by reviews who have found great success using these paints to control mold growth.
Is anti-mould paint safe?
Anti mold paint, just like any other paint you may use, comes with a variety of health risks. However, the health risks associated with anti-mold paint are not as severe as the ones associated with mold growth in damp areas of the home.
The most common health risk associated with anti-mold paint is allergy contact dermatitis. This is a pretty mild allergy, but we recommend talking to your doctor if you find yourself experiencing symptoms.
To protect yourself from the fumes in anti-mold paint, it is important to use protective gear when applying the paint to your walls or ceiling.
Another preventative measure you can take is to choose a paint from our list that promises a low odor such as the Dryzone paint or the Zinsser Watertite Mould and Mildew Proof Waterproofing paint.
How does anti mould paint work?
Many of you might be curious about how anti-mold paint works to protect your home from the dangers of mold growth. Anti-mold paint utilizes what we call biocides.
These biocides protect against the negative impacts of condensation and reduce mold growth. Condensation tends to arise in the areas of the home that get the dampest.
There are usually the walls and ceilings of your bathroom or kitchen. Anti-mold paint does not reduce the amount of condensation. Instead, it works to make sure that the negative effects of condensation, mold growth, make themselves scarce and keeps the damp spaces safe.
What is an anti-mould paint additive?
This is another one of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to anti-mold solutions. An anti-mold paint additive can be added to your existing paints or wallpaper paste.
An anti-mold paint additive behaves in the same way that an anti-mold paint does, by utilizing biocides to make the damp areas of your home mold resistant. Anti-mold paint additives are another great solution to mold problems in the home.
A great bonus for picking an anti-mold paint additive is that it can be added to both emulsion paints and acrylic paints.
Is there such a thing as coloured anti-mould paint?
Typically, anti-mold paint is either clear or white. All the anti-mold paint products we have recommended to you are clear or white solutions. This is because anti-mold products are primarily designed to protect your existing paint and the structure underneath the negative impacts of humidity and condensation.
Which usually leads to damp spaces and eventually mold. The greatest part about all the anti-mold paint products we suggested is that they can be layered with any paint color you choose to use.
If you are still apprehensive about using anti-mold paint because of the lack of color options, we recommend simply choosing an anti-mold paint additive and mixing it in with the paint color of your choice.
How do I use anti-mould paint?
If you do not have experience with anti-mold products, we are here to help. If the space you are wanting to protect has already been exposed to mold growth, you want to start the process by getting rid of the mold and thoroughly cleaning the space. Apply one coat of the product using a roller or a brush directly onto your walls and ceilings.
Unless the product specifies that it only requires one coat, we would recommend applying another coat of paint after the first one dries to protect your walls.
You must wait until the surface has dried completely before you apply another coat. Once applied, these paints can protect your walls and your ceilings for up to five years. Once you hit the five-year mark, we recommend reapplying and giving these damp spaces another upgrade.
Now that you have made it to the end of this article, it is time to reveal the best anti-mold paint. There are so many good things we can say about this product. It is a win in our eyes because it offers the best overall value for the least amount of money.
This product can be used by everyone from the most experienced painter to any novice interested in protecting their space from the mold. It is a clear formula and can be applied over any color emulsion making it the most flexible of the offerings. T
A close second to the unbeatable Ronseal is the Zinsser Perma-White! The Zinsser Perma-White product provides your damp indoor spaces with all the protection they need from the mold for up to five years. Zinsser Perma-White is both simple to apply and leaves a glossy finish.
It is a great choice for people hoping to protect the dampest areas of their homes from mold. It is important to note that the Zinsser Perma-White Interior solution has been designed primarily to be used in indoor spaces. If you are looking for a molded product for your damp outdoor spaces, this is not the one for you.
These paints are a great way to protect your damp spaces, keeping you and your family safe.