Mowing your lawn is a must throughout the spring and summer months, so you want the best product possible. We have focused primarily on lawn mower cordless options here because they can be easier to use than the corded or fuel varieties.
Of course, there are endless products on the market, but we have taken a look at many of them and picked the top five. Once you understand how they work and what they do, you are sure to want your lawnmowers cordless.
Before we get into the products and what they offer, we thought it might be a good idea to learn more about the cordless mower and how to pick one.
Of course, they need to be easy to use so that you can cut the lawn and get back inside where it’s cool and comfortable. We also want the mower to be easy to maneuver.
Best Battery-Powered Lawn Mower for Small Yard
Price: $ 359.75
Availability: In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Besides its seven-position height adjustment, this self-propelled lawn mower has a load-sensing feature that maximizes its efficiency.
The self-propelled lawn mower from RYOBI is a versatile and convenient tool for anyone with a small- or medium-sized yard. It’s one of the top brands for battery-powered tools.
The rear-wheel drive allows you to easily traverse rough terrain, and the brushless motor offers the power of a traditional gasoline engine without the need for oil changes, spark plug replacements, or other routine maintenance.
Each charge can cut up to 12 acres with its 20-inch width. Grass clippings can also be mulched, bagged, or side-discharged (the side discharge accessory is sold separately).
Which Cordless Mower Is Best?
When focused on cordless lawn mowers, you want to ensure that it has the right features. Of course, the benefits of using a lawnmower cordless variety are plentiful.
You don’t have to worry about any cords, but you get the same experience that you do with a fuel-powered version.
Make sure that the product isn’t going to be too heavy. Since it has a battery instead of a reservoir for fuel, this is going to be the heaviest part.
You’re still going to need to be able to push it, but most cordless mowers are lightweight and designed that way so that you can mow your entire yard without having to stop.
When the mower doesn’t have a cord, you can reduce the pollution and noise levels. There isn’t as much exhaust, and the engine isn’t as loud.
There is a slight whir from the blades as they cut the grass and spin. Plus, you get the same cutting power without the noises.
You may find less maintenance and upkeep with a cordless lawnmower. Plus, you don’t have to deal with air and fuel filters, carburettors, and fuel lines. Just make sure to keep it clean and ensure that the battery is charged for when you want to use it again.
Battery power with a lawnmower is also beneficial because the lithium-ion batteries used have a longer service life. They can last up to five years before you need to replace them.
What to Consider for Your Cordless Mower
The best cordless lawn mower is one with more than 50 volts, which is ideal for yard use. They are also high-performance products and work similarly to gas-powered mower models. Consider a machine with a 4.0AH battery pack, as this is going to be suitable for most lawn sizes.
You’ve also got to focus on the cutting width and cutting height of the mower. These aspects should be adjustable, which allows you to set the right options for your particular yard.
The cutting width is directly related to the deck. Smaller mowers usually have decks that are under 20 inches, and larger ones are over 20 inches.
Generally, manufacturers pick a 20-inch cutting width for battery-operated versions. However, this isn’t the only factor to consider when you make the purchase.
Some models also include auto-throttle options to adjust the power to meet your specific mowing conditions. If you’re cutting various grass species, then this feature could be very good.
You might also have LED headlights. Most people don’t mow at night, but it can work well if you start in the daylight, and it gets dark faster than you originally thought.
Safety features are also something to watch for when shopping for a mower of any kind. You’ve got to ensure that it’s got safety guards so that it can’t run over a person. Trigger locks can also be helpful, as well as deflectors. That way, the blades aren’t going to fling rocks and other debris at your house or other people.
Last but not least, you’ve got to consider the run time of the machine. You want a cordless lawnmower that can last at least 30 minutes from the battery. Of course, you might take longer than that, but you can recharge the battery in-between times.
This also gives you enough time to cool off between sections of the yard.
Are Cordless Lawn Mowers Worth It?
In most cases, yes, a cordless lawn mower is going to suit your needs because they are easier to maintain and more reliable than fuel-powered options.
Still, you might only get between 30 minutes and an hour per charge of the battery, so large lawns might take longer to mow.
Most electric mowers can be used on the grass box, as well as everywhere else. As long as you can change the cutting width to meet your needs and can adjust the cutting height, they should work well for your needs. Of course, you want something that is easy to use and easy to manoeuvre, as well.
How Good Are Battery Operated Lawn Mowers?
As with any other product, there are good battery-powered mowers and those that aren’t quite as good. You’ve got to choose the one that meets your particular needs.
This means that they do the cutting you require without taking too much time and providing you with enough power to get through the lawn. Let’s take a look at the top five products on the market right now.
Our Top Picks for Best Cordless Lawn Mower
|Link||RYOBI Lawn Mower 20 in. 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordle*||Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, w/1*||Greenworks Pro 21-Inch 80V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mowe*||Worx Nitro WG753 40V Power Share PRO 21" Cordless Self-Prope*|
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
Price incl. VAT., Excl. Shipping
|Get Latest Price*||Get Latest Price*||Get Latest Price*||Get Latest Price*|
Best Cordless Lawn Mowers
- RYOBI Lawn Mower 20 in. 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordle
- Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, w/1
- Greenworks Pro 21-Inch 80V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mowe
- Worx Nitro WG753 40V Power Share PRO 21" Cordless Self-Prope
- Greenworks 40V 21inch Cordless Brushless Lawn Mower, 5Ah Bat
- EGO Power LM2101 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn M
Cordless Lawn Mower In More Detail
RYOBI Lawn Mower 20 in. 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordle
Sun Joe MJ401C 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, w/1
- POWERFUL: Perfect for small to medium lawns, battery-powered mower's durable steel blade cuts a crisp 14" wide path with precision in a single pass
- PERFORMANCE: The 28 V 4 Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to a quarter acre of continuous mowing per charge
- ADJUSTABLE DECK: Tailor cutting height with 3-position manual height adjustment
- ACCESSORIES: Detachable 10. 6-gal (40 l) grass catcher for easy disposal
- SAFETY: Removable safety key prevents accidental starts
Greenworks Pro 21-Inch 80V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mowe
- The package length is 43.18 centimeters
- The package height is 86.36 centimeters
- The package width is 58.42 centimeters
- Package Weight : 36.287 kilograms
Worx Nitro WG753 40V Power Share PRO 21" Cordless Self-Prope
- [GAS-LIKE POWER] Worx Nitro outdoor tools are engineered to provide gas-like power, performance, and run time
- [SELF-PROPELLED] Rear-wheel drive with variable-speed control
- [3-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY] Mulch / Bag / Side-Discharge
- [RUN LONGER WITH HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERIES] Worx Power Share PRO intelligent batteries deliver extended run times, plus heat and impact protection. Compatible with all Worx 20V and 40V tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [BRUSHLESS MOTOR] Brushless motors are more efficient, run 50% longer, are 25% more powerful, and have 10% longer life
- [AUTO-INTELLICUT TECHNOLOGY] Automatically adjusts performance to grass conditions
- [DURABLE STEEL DECK] Durable, 21 in. steel cutting-deck w/ Nutricut dual-stage mulching capabilities
- [SINGLE-LEVER HEIGHT-ADJUSTMENT & MODE CHANGE] Single-lever controls for (7-position) cutting height-adjustments and grass/bag mode change
- [STAND-UP STORAGE] One-touch, fully-collapsible handle for compact, stand-up storage
- Nitro Self-Propelled Mower (WG753.9), (2) 20V 5.0Ah Power Share PRO batteries (WA3571), dual-port quick charger (WA3884), collection bag, side-discharge chute
Greenworks 40V 21inch Cordless Brushless Lawn Mower, 5Ah Bat
- Greenworks 40V brushless mower provides up to 60 minutes run-time with fully charged 5Ah battery. Run-time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- Durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- Dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower, saving you a trip to the garage
- 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings. Use up to 70% less space in your garage with the vertical storage feature
- 7 position single lever height adjustment for quick and easy adjustments
EGO Power LM2101 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn M
- Up to 45 minutes of run time on single charge with the recommended 56V 5.0 Ah ARC Lithium battery
- 6-position cutting height adjustments: 1.5"- 4"
- 3-in-1 function: Mulching, bagging, side discharge
- Quick and easy push-button start
- 21" deck
- Power source type: Battery Powered
Many homeowners want to save the planet and find that traditional petrol mowers don’t cut it for them. It’s important to find the best mower for your particular needs, and a cordless one might be ideal. You’ve got to ensure that it has the cutting power you desire, as well as the best features possible.
We have talked about five different mower brands, all of them cordless. Now is the best time to choose a mower so that you can cut the grass all summer long. The mower options we listed are some of the top brands in the market, so we can safely recommend any of them.
Cordless lawn mowers are an excellent addition to your lawn maintenance routine. Choose a mower that meets all of your needs.