As featured in our Best Commercial Zero Turn Mower Reviews. Zero turn lawn mowers are gaining a wide range of interest from lawn owners. Their ability to turn with zero radius and without losing a spot to cut has helped users a lot to take off their burden.
Husqvarna is a well known reputed player when it comes to garden tools and machines. With around dozens of zero turn lawn mower models this is the only company to give so many models with each having its uniqueness.
Today we’ll share with you our Husqvarna MZ61 Zero-Turn Mower Review. Let’s take a look at its specifications, key features and find out if it is worth buying.
Here’s our Husqvana zero turn mower review:
Husqvarna’s MZ series 61-inch cutting deck, the MZ 61 mower is ready to tackle your residential or professional property maintenance.
The heavy-duty steel frame and commercially rated hydraulic system create the ultimate mowing experience. A high-back seat with armrests and adjustable steering levers boost operator comfort.
Meanwhile, the 27-horsepower Endurance engine means you’ll have plenty of power when you need it.
The mower is offered in the largest cutting deck size only. This will be best suited to those who are looking for this kind of cut quality alone.
The huge cutting deck of this product is another interesting feature it possesses. The cutting deck is 61-inches and is made of fabricated steel of high quality for heavy-duty strength and durability.
This mower is best suited to areas with taller grass. You will also enjoy its operation when working on stubborn glass, all thanks to the use of blades in the cutting chamber.
Coupled with an adjustable cutting deck (up to 4.5 inches), you get to have varying degrees of cut quality as desired.
It has 3 strong and powerful blades that produce a precise, well-manicured cut. The deck has 12 different cutting heights that can be easily controlled to suit the required grass height.
|Cutting Width||61 inches|
|Powder-coated cutting deck||Yes|
|Spindle/mandrel type||Cast Aluminum|
|Cutting height steps||12|
|Blade engagement||Electric clutch|
|Clutch rating||200 ft.lb|
|Cutting deck type||11-gauge fabricated|
|Cutting methods||Collect/Mulch/Side discharge|
|Deck lifting system||Manual, foot assisted|
|Deck Wash Port||No|
|Minimum cutting height||1.5 inches (approx.)|
|Maximum cutting height||4.5 inches (approx.)|
|Cutting deck material||Steel|
|Deck thickness||11 gauge|
|Blade-tip speed||18500 fpm|
The Husqvarna MZ61 has a powerful and proficient engine that provides reliable startups and also, high ground speeds.
Under the hood of the Husqvarna MZ61 can be found a Briggs & Stratton engine. We don’t need to tell you how great these engines are in operation, especially their V-twin options.
According to the engine specs, you have as much as 27hp at your operational disposal. That results in a forward drive of 8.5 mph and a reverse drive speed of 5mph. Combined, these will get you through a 3 – 4-acre piece of land in under an hour.
|Cylinder displacement||49.4 cu.inch|
|Motor/engine manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine Name||Endurance Series|
|Power output||27 hp|
|Engine lubrication type||Full pressure|
|Air filter type||Auto-type paper|
|Fuel tank volume (with reserve)||5 gal (US)|
|Fuel Tank location||Side (single)|
The steering system provides very precise maneuvering, which allows the mower to avoid obstacles in its path.
The foot pan is removable, making the spindles and deck belt pulleys easily accessible. There is also the option of bagging, mulching, or discharging the grass clippings with the aid of the triple-bag collection system.
The hydrostatic gear transmission makes it capable of efficiently mowing both lawns that are completely flat and those that are bumpy. It provides absolute control and the required power to effortlessly mow all kinds of lawn surfaces.
|Pump displacement||10 cm³|
|Transmission model||ZT 3100|
The overall design of the Husqvarna MZ61 is stunning. This machine is very easy to use. It has a high-back seat that comes with armrests, vibration dampeners, and hand-grips that are foam-padded, all of which increases the comfort of the operator during long hours of mowing.
The air induction technology draws air from both the top and bottom of the deck, improving grass lift and providing a superior cut.
|Seat type||Premium High back 21” with armrest|
|Seat back height||High|
|Hour meter type||Digital|
|Base machine length||75 inches|
|Base machine height||42 inches|
|Base machine width (chute down)||76 inches|
|Base machine width (chute up)||62.3 inches|
|Tire front width||6.5 inches|
|Tire front diameter||13 inches|
|Tire front diameter wheel||6 inches|
|Maximum speed forward||8mph|
|Minimum speed forward||0mph|
- Powered by Briggs Stratton, the engine consists of premium air filters, chrome plated valves, and super finished bearing surfaces. It also has a cooling fan for extreme excellence and durable performance.
- Equipped with premium integrated zero-turn transmission featuring charge pumps, larger drive axles and expansion tanks.
- Easy access service points. Oil and filter maintenance are all very easy. Hydraulic drive system components adjustment, electrical system, battery management are within your reach to get you back to work within no time.
- Pedal assisted Deck lift. Ergonomically designed lift offers cutting height adjustment. Easy quick and fast adjustment by sitting on the seat only.
- Durable 6 inch wide front Casters with pneumatic tires giving long life and easy ride on tough terrain.
- 9 Bushel collection bag gives productivity and versatility without any regular tension of filling the bag. Also designed uniquely to let you remove and install it within minutes.
- Digital Hour meter stating estimated mowing time to let you give knowledge. Also equipped with a service reminder to let you know it’s time to service your mower.
The seat of this riding mower is positioned a bit high, and coming with it are armrests to reduce the fatigue on the operator’s arm.
Putting the cutting deck lift controls in the pedals also make for a better range of controls than placing them anywhere else.
Rounding off with the ease of ride, comfort is nothing to worry about here.
It is no mistake that one of the first things we talked about in this review was how beautiful this unit is. Both from the rear and front, it is a beauty to behold. It is one of the best zero turn mower in terms of aesthetics.
That is made possible by the generous splash of orange on grey and black detailing elsewhere.
It won’t be winning an award for the most stylish mower anytime soon, but it could as well be the best-looking mower in your neighborhood.
- This Husqvarna Zero lawn mower is Aesthetic. No one can deny from the fact how beautiful this unit is both from the front and back end.
- The mower is super comfortable to ride. With the high back seat and gripped armrests it reduces the fatigue on the operator’s arm.
- Chokeless start eliminates the chances of starting problems in this mower.
- Being a zero-turn mower, it is expected that this unit makes an amazing turn in tight spots.
- The unit is not loud and contains a headlight for better vision in dark places.
- The major drawback seen with this unit is that there is not enough weight behind the rear wheels which fails to give proper traction.
Frequently Asked Questions
How durable are Husqvarna mz zero turn mowers?
If there is one thing Husqvarna is known for, it is how much their units last. For one, the engine supplying power to this unit is surely not going bad anytime soon – with the right maintenance, that is.
The body of the unit, as well as the cutting deck, is made from very strong steel. This gives you all the insurance you need when working in rocky areas, uneven terrain or other unfriendly areas.
Is the MZ61 a commercial zero turn mower?
The Husqvarna MZ61is built for entry-level commercial owners and large property owners. The MZ61 mower is ready to handle your residential or light professional lawn maintenance.
The Husqvarna MZ61 might look like any other zero turn mower in the market, but they are as sturdy and functional as they come. They can handle rough terrain, mowing a large lawn and can make riding mowers an ease.
Ride On Lawn Mowers and Lawn Tractor Accessories
The Husqvarna MZ61 might look like any other zero turn mower in the market, but they are as sturdy and functional as they come. This mower is an entry-level commercial unit with a quality build.
We were very satisfied with the mower’s smooth steering and the overall cut quality. It seemed to do a very good job and most user reviews seem to suggest the mower will hold up over time.
Do not let the pretty exterior fool you into thinking this was just made to be aesthetically pleasant to the eyes. Under the hood, there is a lot more than meets the eyes.